Sunday, October 2, 2011

Up-cycled Vintage Doll Bed - Baby Shower Gift

It's a girl!  My niece is having a baby in a couple of months and I can hardly wait.
I found this sweet little antique doll bed at a garage sale.  One of the buttons decorations on top had be sloppily replaced and there wasn't even the slats.  I stained the replaced button and had to make slats from hardware store paint sticks.

I had so much fun assembling this perfect little doll bed.  I made a pink pinstriped mattress using vintage little white buttons to make darling little tuffs.  Another garage sale contributed the adorable child's china plate with teddy bears frolicking in a garden of flowers.   Between my collection of vintage linens and my sister-in-law's grandmothers, I collected enough layers to make the bed really beautifully adorned.  I love repurposing stained linens to serve again.   

Do you think my niece will let her baby girl even play with it?




No comments:

Post a Comment