Friday, August 12, 2011

Beaded Lariat Style Necklace


A year or so ago, I bought this focal bead from Jeff Barber at Lakeside Art Glass and it's been sitting on my workbench ever since just challenging me to find some design that will honor it's beauty.
I finally brought it with me to the Bead and Button Show in Milwaukee in June and found some perfectly matching beads. 

Okay.  Now on my bench a whole new bunch of beads joined Jeff's bead.  Before they could start taunting me, I sat down and just started sewing.  No pattern.  No plan.  

I was inspired by the techniques in Laura McCabe's book Embellished Bead Weaving. I think it's turned out to be one of my favorite necklaces.




The stash comes together!


I used a simple spiral beading pattern for the necklace and sprinkled in a few crystals.  
Jeff your work is stunning!  Only hope I did your bead justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment