Sunday, February 2, 2014

Liberty of London Fabric-stashalish

My family took a week long vacation last spring to London. In addition to spending time on all the fabulous site seeing we squeezed in a bit of shopping.

I got a great tip from a Millinery shoppe owner to check out the fabric at Liberty of London.



I feel very fortunate that I asked her and that I was just down the block from Liberty, a historic haberdashery. A whole new world has opened to me.
The picture below is exactly what the building looks like today.
I was a bit overwhelmed at all the awesome choices. but I knew I had to buy at least one yard just to bring some of the wonderful stuff across the pond!



 
Thank goodness someone was buying this fabric and the bolt was still on the counter. It caught my eye and my choice was made.
 
It has been sitting in my sewing room and I was tempted to keep it as a treasured stash, but I bit the bullet and started cutting! Oh I am in love. I organized my purse with lovely new accessories.
 

Liberty of London Tana Lawn: Amy Jane

Liberty of London’s Spring/Summer 2013 Collection of Tana Lawn.

 

About the pattern, Amy Jane: “Intricate heart print composed of delicate flowers mingling with twisting vines, reminiscent of the exotic trees found in the Abbey Garden.”

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment