Monday, September 12, 2011

Surprise balls?

My sister bought me a surprise ball from Tops Malibu for my birthday and I fell in love with them.  Now I'm making them for every occasion - birthdays to baby showers.
 From Tops Malibu's website
Deluxe Birthday Feather<br>Surprise BallGive as a birthday gift, a shared table favor, or take home gift! Unwind layers of multicolored crepe paper ribbon to discover - 10 birthday surprises and delights tucked into the festive surprise ball layers. Surprise ball prizes include vintage style toys, keepsakes, charms , gems, candy, bubbles, confetti poppers and fortunes.

They also have a terrific video tutorials on how to make one posted on YouTube.  Search for surprise ball and you'll find many other videos and great ideas of what to put in them!

I made this surprise ball below for an upcoming baby shower.  Cute huh?  Would you believe it actually has a grocery bag full (in excess of 22 items) of some fantastic baby items.  I started with a rattle and simply added items as I wrapped and wrapped crete paper round and round.  It's going to take the new mother a really long time to open this baby!




1 comment: