Saturday, July 9, 2011

Hello. My name is Jana and I am a garage-sale-aholic.

I might as well admit it to the world.  My 10 year old son and husband already know.  My husband just shakes his head when I return from a morning's outing and mumbles "less junk, not more".  But, bless his heart, he just walks away and leaves me to enjoy and delight in my new found treasures. 


Today I found someone's discarded set of wood carving tools.  I am envisioning lino-cut fun later in my studio.  Everything for $3!  Oh, I know I could have probably talked the woman down but goodness I would have paid $3 for a bone folder.


I should also admit I am a toolaholic as well as long as I'm confessing.  I simply love to have to tools to do something when I want to do something.  I love amassing all the tools.  In fact, sometimes I simply want to collect the tools, learn how to do the craft, and then move on to something else.  I learned it from my father, the great collector of all things.  He may not have used a tool in 10 years, but even at 84 years of age he could have told you exactly where you had to look to find it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jana,
    I'm a yard sale junkie too. I'm loving that brayer in your stash. I love your blog. I am going to be a new follower. Happy blogging.

    ReplyDelete