Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Vintage Linen Coin Purse


I have a real passion for vintage linens. 
I rescue them all the time from estate sales and thrift stores.  I try give the ones that have stains, rips, or tears  a renewed lease on life.  Out of my stash I found one long dresser scarf that allowed me to create four of these sweet purses.



I found a number of websites that showed tutorials on how to use these snap type clasps and wanted to learn how they work.  U Handbags tutorial is my favorite. 


The clasps come in either sewing on or glued in. I think the glued ones have a much more professionally finished look.  I ordered a few from Bagsupplier on Etsy.  At first I was a bit worried that they were coming from Hong Kong all the way to my home in Minnesota, but after they arrived I had no worries. They came timely and in great shape. I used normal E6000 glue, a toothpick and patience. I glued in one side and waited a bit for it to dry before doing the other side and I think it worked out just fine.


U Handbag's tutorial did a nice job explaining how to create the custom pattern to work with the size clasp you have. It took 2 or 3 purses to really get all the techniques right and the remaining purses turned out great.




No comments:

Post a Comment