Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Garage Sale Chronicles #11 - Books and Butterflies


My latest find was a color plate book of Renoir prints.  Opposite each print is a short "review of the artwork by a leading scholar of the times."  I bought it for $8.00.  I thought it was expensive until a realized if I was actually at a museum the price would have certainly been 10 times that!

I continued to dug through the pile of old books and found the beauty above.  Aren't the colors and gilding wonderful?  I  briefly thought of doing an altered book, but the thought vanished quickly as I realized it didn't need altering at all!

Tucked into a box of sewing notions that contained a fabulous pink tatting shuttle, was an envelope containing this set of butterflies.  Won't they look great framed up?  I can't decide if I want to frame them together, individually, or create silver bezels and use them in jewelry.  I think I'll just consider the $2.00 spent on the box as the cost of the tatting shuttle and these are FREE.  Thoughts about ideas to use them?



I haven't taken a real close look but the wings look real and the bodies appear to be printed paper.  The detail on the bodies appears to simulate the real colors and patterns.






No comments:

Post a Comment