Sunday, January 15, 2012

Garage Sale Chronicles #5 - First Estate Sale of 2012


I live an hour from Minneapolis and commute into work everyday.  So, if an estate sale is on Saturday or Sunday in Minneapolis I rarely bother to make the trip.  However, this Saturday I was flying back from an LA business trip on Saturday afternoon and checked my iphone's igarage sale app just to see if there was anything to check out.

I saw a posting for an estate sale in Wayzata, MN, an old money wealthy neighborhood west of Minneapolis on Lake Minnetonka.

When I arrived at the home it was very old and poorly kept, but it looked like there had been some nice quality purchasing done by the folks throughout the years.

Here's some pictures of my finds.

I picked up four of these American Brilliant cut glass era wine goblets.  
They are really beautiful and in flawless condition.  I am going to send these pictures into the Brilliant Cut Glass Pattern Search to see if anyone can identify the pattern. 

There's a  History of Cut Glass found at this link that is very informative and interesting.



I really love the crown like affect on the top edge.



Sweet little cameos on around the glass.


I also snagged five of these Hawkes glasses.  A nice lady attending the sale gave me a quick lesson on making sure there were no chips and how to find the Hawkes stamp on the bottom.  
It's very small and etched.




They will look beautiful at Christmas!  The pattern is 7330-4 according to collecting sites.  Replacements, Inc. has 10 listed for $89.99 each!  Nice.


I'm thinking these ones will have a nice long life in my house!

I think the little ovals hanging down look like ornaments.  Pretty.


I've been collecting up crystal salt and pepper shakers
 if they are cheap to use for storing glitter on display.  
Even if the tops are a little corroded, I think that just makes them look even cooler.

Yay, a genuine old apothecary jar.  
There's no rubber ring at the mouth of this bad boy, it's straight up frosted, etched glass.  

Hubby wants to put his granola in it on the kitchen cupboard.  
I haven't decided if I'm going to put any cool vinyl designs on it yet.  Won't hurt it because the stuff is removable, but it might make it look cheap.  
I found this under a table in the box for $1.  I suspect no one else wanted to bend over and dig through the box.

So I started focusing on what was under the tables as well as what was on top.  
I found this beautiful old frame.  I think it's epoxy finished and not any sort of enamel.

Nice little flowers.  I think I'll do some sort of vinyl saying on glass in this.  
Not sure it's a match for my house though.

Nice pair of austria marked rhinestone earrings.  
Lucky for me the back is broke off one so I can use it in a necklace design guilt-free.

No comments:

Post a Comment